Location: Sharon, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 19394
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
Summary: Responsible for the evaluation, planning, directing and administering of occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Assess the functional and therapeutic needs of the patient
- Properly documents of activity assessments
- Conducts group and individual therapies in accordance with patient diagnosis and needs.
- Completes progress notes and assessments according to program procedures.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Plans and implements the unit’s activity therapy program, including planning of daily events, special events, and providing in-service for other staff participating in the activity therapy program.
- Graduated from either a Masters of Occupational Therapy, Recreation Therapy or other human service master’s degree program with an accompanying license for art, recreation or activity therapy
- 3 or more years of previous experience in a behavioral health setting.
Location: Sharon-Sharon Hospital 50 Hospital Hill Road
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Work Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Community / Marketing Title: Activities Therapist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sharon, Connecticut US
Job Number: 57213