Pharmacy Technician 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 22705
Pharmacy Technician 2
**SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED - $2,000 for new hires full time
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
The Pharmacy Technician 2 will assist pharmacists in the formulation, preparation, dispensing, delivery and storage of medications and pharmaceutical supplies. The pharmacy technician will ensure that products and services are provided in timely, safe and cost effective manner according to department policies, procedures, and practice standards. A Pharmacy Technician 2 will have additional responsibilities related to high risk IV admixture, inventory management and cost saving initiatives.
- Maintains and complies with all state, federal and regulatory requirements for pharmacy and medication management.
- Performs monthly quality assurance activities.
- Adheres to medication distribution process workflow.
- Operates pharmacy dispensing technology and able to troubleshoot problem/failures and operates pharmacy systems as appropriate.
- Assists pharmacist in the gathering and preparing medications (per provider orders) will adhering to policies related to unit dose packaging, regulations and proper record keeping.
- Adheres to department standards regarding daily workflow.
- Identifies medications considered "hazardous" by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and WCHN Policy.
- Completes annual didactic test on USP 800 proper practice and procedures.
- Requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of three years job-related experience.
- License: Registered Pharmacy Technician with Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection within 30 days.
- Criteria Desired: Prior pharmacy technician experience, PTCB license.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full Time - 40 hours
Work Schedule: Day/Eve
Work Shift: variable 8 hour
Salary Range: $16 - $31 Hourly
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacy Technician 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 60965