Respiratory Therapist 2
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 24521
Respiratory Therapist Position
- Full-time Eve/Night 12 hour shifts
- The shift can start at 2:45pm or 6:45pm and ends at 3:15am or 7:15am
Our team values and trusts our Respiratory Therapist (RT) to make autonomous decisions such as order, modify, and administer oxygen therapy, pharmacological agents, bronchial hygiene, airway, and ventilator care.
!!! Up to $25k Sign On Bonus !!!
National Board for Respiratory Care CRT or RRT credential
Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in State of CT
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have childhood immunization records (MMR, Varicella, and Hepatitis B) prior to starting at Nuvance
Pay Rate: dependent on experience
- Differential pay is applied to this shift
Provides high-quality care in a cost effective and timely manner to patients throughout the continuum. Respiratory Therapists provide services to ICU, ED, PACU, Neonatal ICU, Cath Lab and med/surg floors. Performs critical and lab assessments of the cardiopulmonary patients and is available to work across Danbury and New Milford Hospital. Per our Respiratory Therapy Medication and Mechanical Ventilation Protocols, the Respiratory Therapist orders, modifies, and administers oxygen therapy, pharmacological agents, bronchial hygiene, airway, and ventilator care. Respiratory Therapist 3 is a Registered Therapist with greater than one year experience. Respiratory Therapist 2 is a Certified Respiratory Therapist or a Registered Respiratory Therapist with less than one year experience.
1. Manages the Mechanical Ventilation protocol and attends ICU Rounds. Strives to reduce length of patient's stay on ventilator and in Intensive Care Unit.
2. Makes assessment of patient's cardiopulmonary status. Utilizes Respiratory therapy medication protocols to treat pulmonary conditions with proper modalities.
3. Maintains competency is all care modalities including ventilators, oscillator, Nitric Oxide, Heliox and Heated high flow systems.
4. Draws arterial blood gases. Analyzes via point of care testing device and makes changes/recommendations for therapy.
5. Performs non-invasive ventilation.
6. Educates patients on state of disease as well as change to home regime to reduce re-admission.
7. Responds to all emergency calls throughout the hospital and provides respiratory support.
8. Utilizes electronic medical record. Documents per department standards.
9. Attends mandatory in-services & department meetings per department requirements.
10. Assists in the orientation and education of new staff.
Required for Respiratory Therapist 2 and 3:
1. Advanced level. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) for Respiratory Therapist 3.
2. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) for Respiratory Therapist 2
-CPR - Healthcare Provider
-Ventilator management skills for Adults and Neonatal ICU
* National Board for Respiratory Care CRT or RRT credential
* Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in State of CT
-Ventilator management skills for Adults and NICU.
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 36.00
Work Schedule: Eve/Night 12
Work Shift: the shift can start at 2:45pm or 6:45pm and ends at 3:15am or 7:15am.
Org Unit: 138
Department: Pulmonary Medicine
* National Board for Respiratory Care
* Respiratory Care Practitioner
* Associate's Level Degree
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Respiratory Therapist 2
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 62995