RN Case Manager
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 25737
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Achieve the physical, mental and social well being of the client within Agency policy. Supports utilization of medical resources through application of clinical expertise. Monitors clinical, functional and financial outcomes. Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregiver. Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate related to the current home health plan of care.
1. Assessment of physical, emotional, socio-economic needs and environmental needs of patients and their families.
2. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners as appropriate.
3. Develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), caregiver and physician(s).
4. Coordinates services with the patient, family and others involved in the care plan. Provides patient, caregiver, family counseling and education.
5. Regular evaluation of patient progress, prompt action when change in patient's condition is noted or reported, and termination of care when goals of management are attained, or when termination of case is required according to Agency policy.
6. Participates in the agency quality assurance and performance improvement prora, and the agency-sponsored inserice training.
7. Identification of patient and family needs for other home health services and referral for same, when appropriate when appropriate.
8. Responsibility for supervisor of the services rendered to the patient and family by the homemaker/home health aide, according to State and Federal guidelines and Joint Commission standards, and submission of periodic evaluation of such to the Home Health Aide Supervisor.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position including preparing clinical notes and attending in-sevrice training.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: RN diploma with over 3 years job related experience will be considered in lieu of Associates Degree. Requires strong research skills, clear and concise interpersonal communication skills. Knowledge of systems integration.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; Experienced in qualified home health agency.
Location: Danbury-100 Saw Mill Road
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Monday-Friday; 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Org Unit: 607
Department: Registered Nurse
$32.6400 - $65.0100 Hourly
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Generally pleasant working conditions.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: RN Case Manager
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 63765