RN Per Visit
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 25475
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides professional care to patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members. Works on a per diem basis.
1. Provides assessment of physical, emotional socio-economic needs and environmental needs of patients and their families.
2. Identification of problems utililizing patient data base, nursing process and physician's plan of treatment.
3. Develops a plan of care and interprets to the patient and family the implications of the diagnosis and the nature of treatment consistent with the physician's plan of treatment.
4. Observes, evaluates and reports to the physician the patient's physical and emotional condition; reaction to drugs or treatments. Interprets to the physician social and physical factors in the environment, which affect physical care.
5. Assesses health status through observation, interview and analysis. Counsels families in basic principles of wellness and applies information for related fields such as nutrition, safety, education, mental health and dental care.
6. Performs screening and diagnostic procedures according to the approved medical policies, procedures and competency levels of the Danbury VNA. Assists the physician with examinations and treatments in those clinics in which the Agency participates.
7. Interprets findings of tests to individuals or families and makes appropriate referrals. Obtains laboratory specimens when indicated. Gives preventive immunization or treatments under medical supervision.
8. Attends required continuing education courses.
9. Participates in Quality Management Program.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required:Current RN License in State of Connecticut
Minimum Experience: zero to six months
Desired: BSN. Experience in a qualified home health agency.
Location: Danbury-100 Saw Mill Road
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: Varies
Org Unit: 607
Department: Registered Nurse
$32.6400 - $65.0100 Hourly
* Registered Nurse
* Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Significant occupational risk
* Extremely heavy effort. May exert > 125 lbs. of force
* Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: RN Per Visit
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 63767