Reg Respiratory Therapist
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 14760-2
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations - Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York.
Sign on Bonus 25,000$ for experienced RRT's. $12,500 Entry Level!
The Licensed Respiratory Therapist (RT) provides respiratory care services to patients in all areas of the hospital in accordance with established policies and procedures and as prescribed by a physician.
- Consult with doctors and other healthcare staff to develop and modify patient treatment plans
- Provide detailed therapy, requiring significant independent judgment, like when caring for patients in intensive care
- Perform physical examination and diagnostic tests measuring lung capacity and blood acidity and alkalinity
- Treat patients using oxygen or oxygen mixtures, aerosol medications and chest physiotherapy
- Connect patients who can’t breathe to a ventilator
- Educate patients on how to use equipment and medication
- Must have received an education, including completion of an approved Associate Degree Program in Respiratory Therapy or in a program determined by the Department of the State Board to be the equivalent.
- Must be Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist in the state of New York.
- Basic Life Support certified.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: NIGHT 12.5
Work Schedule: Night Shift 7:00pm-7:00am
Salary Range: $27.00-$51.00/Hr. (depending on experience)
Department: Pulmonary Medicine
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Reg Respiratory Therapist
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 64304