Outpatient Coder - Beginner
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 26242
Possible $5000 Sign On Bonus for External Hires!
Remote Coder positions are available in all states EXCEPT CA and HI
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
Appropriately analyzes and codes complex outpatient records. High-level expertise in coding and documentation guidelines, co-morbidity condition and major co-morbidity condition, extensive knowledge of CPT and LCD for appropriate reimbursement and compliance.
- Performs multispecialty Evaluation and Management (E/M) Professional coding with a minimum accuracy of 95%.
- Performs ICD-10-CM diagnostic and current procedural terminology procedural coding to maintain an accurate database and ensure accurate coding at minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
- Competent in the utilization of an electronic medical record, and computerized coding/abstracting systems.
- Applies the Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS) definitions as well as any additional regulatory guidelines and/or coding references to select diagnosis and all significant procedures, indicating the patient’s acuity, severity of illness and risk of mortality (if applicable) and all charges as documented in the medical record.
- Applies knowledge of ambulatory payment classification reimbursement for procedure coding, current procedural terminology guidelines, knowledge of local coverage determination's for medical necessity, and appropriate use of modifiers.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with providers to clarify documentation in order to assign accurate diagnoses and procedures for ambulatory payment classification and for medical necessity.
- Ability to code using either 3M encoder or ICD-9-CM/ICD-10-CM book.
- Attends and participates in required hospital education programs in order to maintain and enhance their coding skills and stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines and regulations.
- Maintains certified coding credentials in accordance with the certified coding requirements and demonstrates annual compliance.
- Minimum Experience: At least 6 months of outpatient multispecialty Evaluation and Management (E/M) Professional Coding required
- Knowledge of multispecialty Evaluation and Management (E/M) Professional Coding guidelines
- Specialized training in medical terminology, ICD-10-CM Diagnosis, CPT procedure and multispecialty Evaluation and Management (E/M) Professional Coding
Education and Credentials:
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Certification from the America Academy Professional Coders (AAPC): CPC
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life and Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In addition, we provide a range of voluntary benefits!!
Work Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: Day Shift. M-F 8 hours possible evening & weekends
Salary Range: $20.23 - $30 Hourly Depending on Experience
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Outpatient Coder - Beginner
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 65814