Certified Coder 1-Out Patient
Location: Danbury, Connecticut US
Requisition Number: 10961-2
Possible $5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Hires!
Remote Coder positions are available in all states EXCEPT CA and HI
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
Performs accurate and timely billing, coding, and reconciliation of moderately complex accounts. Serves as a resource to others for coding and charging questions. Assists with training and special revenue projects under the Supervisor’s guidance.
- Independently performs coding of complex accounts, to include interventional cardiac catheterization lab and/or interventional radiology procedures, and diagnostic radiology tests.
- Translates narrative information from billing encounter forms and orders into ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes. Independently performs charging, coding, and reconciliation of complex accounts, to include interventional cardiac catheterization lab and/or interventional radiology procedures.
- Performs ICD-10-CM diagnostic and CPT-4 coding at a minimum accuracy rate of 95%.
- Identifies billing errors or missing revenue or charges based on raw data. Monitors revenue reports and patient schedules daily. Investigates and resolves issues to ensure charges and billing codes are entered in a timely manner. Assesses and identifies non-routine barriers to posting revenue and refers to proper authority.
- Serves as back-up to other billers and some supervisor’s responsibilities. Understands different billing systems, charge codes, and billing regulations. Researches and identifies action needed to post revenue for area not usually assigned. Provides billing and coding consultation for departments without revenue staff, such as the ED and Pulmonary medicine.
- Works with clinical department directors to ensure smooth revenue workflows. Identifies department-based barriers to timely revenue posting, such as workflow process steps and personnel. Under direction of supervisor, participates in department performance improvement projects for revenue operations. Identifies process and policy changes to ensure revenue is posted daily.
- Attends and participates in required hospital education programs to maintain and enhance their coding skills and stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines, and regulations.
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of experience required
- Experience coding interventional cardiac catheterization lab and/or interventional radiology procedures, and diagnostic radiology tests
- Experience in charge capture process or medical record review
- Documented proficiency in use of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding as required by position
- Knowledge of how to accurately use ICD-10 and CPT-4 books
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), or specialty coding certification
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life and Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In addition, we provide a range of voluntary benefits!!
Work Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: M-F 8 HOUR DAY SHIFT
Salary Range: $22.25 - $33 Hourly Depending on Experience
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Community / Marketing Title: Certified Coder 1-Out Patient
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Danbury, Connecticut US
Job Number: 66896