Physical Therapist Assistant
Location: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Requisition Number: 29625
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations.
Summary: Under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, performs treatments and provides exercise instruction, demonstration and education for patients at an entry to intermediate skill level.
- Follows established physical therapy plan of care, including physical therapy interventions and patient/caregiver education
- Documents all care provided and maintain records per Nuvance Health policy and standards
- Assists in monitoring patient progress through observation and follows up with Supervising Therapist
- Complies with scope of practice for PTA, including a co-visit with Physical Therapist on all initial PTA visits and keeps PT informed
- Assists patients with therapeutic interventions and activities of daily living, which may require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of varying body sizes and physical conditions
- Detailed documentation of visits in EMR system
- Requires two (2) years of college.
- Valid New York State License or eligibility with temporary permit
- General knowledge of a specialized or technical field normally associated with an A.A or A.S. degree.
- Experience: Practically no prior experience required. Could rely on education and knowledge required for employment.
Location: Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Work Shift: Days 2 weekend shifts per Month. 07:30-16:00
Department: Physical Therapy
Salary Range: $22 - $41 (based on experience)
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Physical Therapist Assistant
Health Quest and Western Connecticut Health Network have combined to form a new nonprofit health system. The name for the new health system will be Nuvance Health. The new health system was created to provide communities across New York’s Hudson Valley and western Connecticut with more convenient, accessible and affordable care.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Poughkeepsie, New York US
Job Number: 68717